Making Phonics Fun!
Below is a list of fun phonics activities you may like to do with your child. Sharing lots of lovely books is the best way to instil a love of reading.
- ‘Spooky Sounds!’ turn off the lights. Take it in turns to shine a torch on each letter for the other to say the sound it makes (making scary faces too!).
- Letters on toy vehicles (use post-it notes). Have a race…which sound is faster?
- Bath crayons- draw letters all over the bath for the next visitor to sound out!
- Foam letters in the bath- Use mini nets to fish out the correct letter sound.
- Phonics games on IPad/Kindle- See list of recommended APPs below:
Mr Thorne Does Phonics: Letters and Sounds
Kids ABC phonics
There are loads of free apps, just search ‘Phonics, letters and sounds’
- Chalking letter sounds on the ground for the neighbours to read. (Lol)
- Salt dough/play dough roll out, use tools to write letters, cover with dough
- Nerf gun letter blast shoot letters pinned to things around the house / garden
- Good old magnetic letters on the fridge!
Mr Thorne’s pronunciation of letter sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOW3pB2KwGA
|Making Phonics fun||[docx 15KB]|