Our broad and balanced curriculum aims to:
- develop the whole child (spiritually, morally, socially, culturally and academically.)
- build on a child’s natural enquiry and to support them to develop as independent learners with positive attitudes.
- prepare children for life in the twenty-first century and equip them to overcome challenges they may face.
- ensure a clear progression of knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects to prepare children for the next stage of learning.
- provide rich, meaningful, first-hand experiences which encourage practical and creative learning in real life contexts whilst developing cross curricular links.
- have a strong emphasis on oracy.
- develop a love of reading.
- develop secure skills in reading, writing and maths to the highest level possible.
- enable children to use arithmetic fluently and in real life contexts.
- reflect understanding of local, national and global communities.
- promote the development of respectful relationships.
- promote the development of healthy lifestyles.
- develop citizens of the future, aware of their own environment and sustainability issues.
Please use the menus on the left to find information about the curriculum for each Key Stage. Further information can be found on the class pages as well as by speaking to your child's class teacher.