The THRIVE approach
Develop children emotionally so they can recognise and distinguish their emotions and learn ways of responding to their feelings appropriately.
- Provide alternative support for children who are experiencing emotional, social or behavioural difficulties
- Provide a safe and calm environment for children to develop their skills.
- Enable children to take pride in their achievements and enhance self-esteem.
- Help children to manage their feelings and develop skills to enjoy and participate in school life.
- Use positive approaches to manage all behaviours.