Our Vision and Value statement
Reviewed with the whole school in September 2015
BELIEVE & ACHIEVE - LEARN & GROW
We aim to be a school where
- Everyone is valued and all our work is underpinned by our shared Christian values and beliefs
- Everyone aspires to excellence to enable our children to be well prepared for the future
- Teaching is innovative, inspiring, inclusive, creative and reflective
- Everyone is eager to learn together to the best of their abilities
We aim to be a school where our children
- Are valued and respected for their individual strengths and enabled to reach their full potential
- Are nurtured to be independent, enthusiastic, confident, motivated and resilient individuals
- Are supported to have the highest expectations of themselves in all areas of learning – academic, social, physical, moral and spiritual
- Understand and live out our school values
- Are listened to, heard and enabled to make a positive contribution to our school and the wider community.
- Can communicate effectively and work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
We aim to have a curriculum which
- Is broad, balanced, creative, stimulating and relevant where learning is meaningful and challenging
- Follows children’s interests and curiosities and motivates learning
- Reflects our Christian and British values.
- Is enriched with visitors, visits, stimulating resources and outdoor learning
- Promotes knowledge of the wider and every changing world, other cultures and communities and raises aspirations
We aim to be a school where all staff
- Are enabled and supported to be skilled, committed, creative, confident professionals who serve our community to the best of their abilities.
- Are reflective individuals accountable for their work and excellent role models
- Are valued, respected and trusted as part of our team
- Feel confident to experiment – able to learn from mistakes
- Work collaboratively as a strong team committed to lifelong learning
- Are confident to communicate ideas and thoughts and are well informed about school life to enable them to do the very best job they can
We aim to be a school community where:
- Values underpin all our relationships throughout our community.
- We are an integral part of the wider Westwoodside community and also reflect national and international communities.
- Those who support our school act as a critical friend to enable it to further develop
- Everyone’s voice is heard, ideas and beliefs are listened to and responded to honestly
- Our work with others helps all parents, carers and children no matter what challenges they face.
- Where parents, carers, governors, staff and community members are valued and respected and enabled to make a positive contribution to the school and wider community by sharing their skills and ideas to help our children to learn.
We want our ethos and culture to be:
- Strong and distinctively Christian underpinned by our Christian and family values
- One in which there is enthusiasm, laughter and a ‘buzz’ of children and adults learning together
- Ordered - purposeful and focused on being the very best we can be
- Reflective - leading to on-going improvement where a ‘can do’ approach prevails
RESPECT HONESTY FRIENDSHIP LOVE COMPASSION PERSEVERANCE